Political unrest through curfews and harassment from the Black and Tans contributed to a lack of GAA activity in the early years of the decade. It wasn’t until 1925 that the club appeared in the fixtures again. This renaissance was attributed to Pat Mason and Hughie MacNamara (Senior) — two men who were synonymous with the club over the next 50 years.
Matches were played in Doran’s Bog and players wore a dark jersey with a diagonal light coloured V shape in the front. Matches were played in the East Down league and County championship. Whilst there was little success in these leagues, Pat Mason and his colleagues collected a great haul of medals in the prestigious seven-a-side sports days organised by local parishes. Pat was also the county representative through most of the decade.